Monday, September 8, 2008

Who I am

So I am the wife of 1, mom of 4, daughter of 2, sister of 1, aunt of 4, daughter-in-law of 2, sister-in-law of 1, and friend to many! I help with the 3 year-old Sunday School class and love them to pieces! 2013 was an eventful year for me personally as I made many changes in my quality of life. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me in 2014!!

My wonderful husband is David and he is the love of my life! He is a Lead Man by day and a very busy father and husband by night. He coaches soccer, at times, because he loves to see the kids play and hates to see them not have the opportunity to play! He is also one of those crazy bicyclists that wears spandex. In 2013 he completed his 100 mile ride at the Hotter Than Hell 100 in Wichita Falls, TX.

My 4 wonderful children are R. J. (16), Arena (15), Derreck (13), and Devin (8). R. J. is in 10th grade. He enjoys soccer, football, basketball, and Xbox. He has grown up to be a great young man and I am very proud of him. Arena is also in 10th grade. She enjoys soccer, singing, texting, selfies, and chillin' with friends. She has grown into a beautiful young woman and I'm not sure dad is going to survive this stage. Derreck is in 8th grade. He enjoys football, baseball, soccer, and PlayStation. While we don't get to see him as often as we'd like, he's still ours and we love him to the moon and back! Devin is in 3rd grade. He enjoys football, spending time with his grandparents, recess, music, playing on his iPod, and being Uncle Daniel's Mini-Me. I love all 4 of my children dearly and enjoy watching them learn and grow.

My parents are Ken and Cheryl. God has truly blessed me with them! My dad has always been the person that I look up to (even though I haven't always agreed with him). He's always been a rock for our family, even before he was saved. He is such an awesome role model for my kiddos! My mom is the most amazing and persistent person I know and I respect her to the utmost (even though I haven't always agreed with her either). She obtained her Masters Degree in 2013! I am so proud of her!! Mom is always there for me, no matter what the circumstances, I just try not to overload her. My parents love camping with their Good Sam friends and family. They try to take the kids once in awhile and the kids love it!

My brother and I have rarely seen eye-to-eye but I have always respected his determination and his perseverance. He is a top-notch father in all he does and he makes sure that everyone is taken care of at all times! I love him dearly. He is quiet most of the time but when he has something to say you know it. He is one of the wittiest people I know and he always has a comeback line that'll make you laugh, no matter what the initial statement was.

I have a niece, Chloe (13), who I love dearly. She is so shy and silly at the same time. She's like her daddy in many ways and she is beautiful! I have three nephews that live in Kansas and I miss them every day. Wyatt (7) is a lady-killer and enjoys football and wrestling. He's quick-witted and always on his toes (must run in the family). Duke (4) and he's a bull! He is such a happy boy and full of energy. He call me Aunt Shivner and I love it! Cash (2) is a daddy's boy. He's the sweetie of the boys. I love watching him, his brothers, and cousins play together. I really miss my niece and nephews when they aren't around. Maybe someday we can all be close. For now, it makes those moments we are together that much sweeter, if that's possible.

My mother-in-law is Cindy. She helps us with the kids when we need it and that includes picking them up from stuff when we can't. Devin loves spending time with her!

My brother-in-law is Daniel. He is a great guy and fun to hang out with. He is great with all the kids and they all look up to him. He has made Devin a Green Bay Packer fan.

I have many friends in my life that are all very dear to me. Each one of them helps me in their own way that God intends for whatever occasion happens to be bubbling in my life at the moment, which is usually a lot.

I love each and every person referenced above and every one of them holds a very precious place in my heart!

1 comment:

Crazy Me said...

Ok girl....I think you covered all of your bases. I'm so glad that I finally talked you into blogging....hooray!!!!